Ready to enroll or have questions? Please contact Daniela Gonzalez (303) 916-0020, or click Add to Cart
Colorado Journeyman Plumber Exam Preparation is our specialty since 1972. School enrollment is complete with Home Study Computer Program, Tutoring, and Live Seminars with real questions, answers, code references, and calculations to prepare you for the actual PSI state licensing exam.
Custom Home Study Computer Program running on your personal PC
Our sample exams simulate your actual PSI state exam!
Below are a few questions from your upcoming PSI state exam:
(1) How many DFUs are permitted to be added to an apartment building with an existing 1,200 DFUs already installed? Assume the building drainage piping is 8-inch diameter at slope of 1/8″ per foot?
- IPC – TABLE 710.1(1) Row for DIAMETER OF PIPE (inches) “8 inches”, Column for DIAMETER OF PIPE (inches) 1/8-inch Slope per foot lists “1,600” DFUs. Therefore, subtract; Allowable = 1,600 – 1,200 DFUs = 400 DFUs
(2) Where smoke is utilized for drainage and vent final test of a plumbing system, it shall be made by filling all traps with water and then introducing into the entire system a pungent, thick smoke produced by one or more smoke machines. When the smoke appears at stack openings on the roof, the stack openings shall be closed and a pressure equivalent to?
- Correct Answer: IPC – 312.4, pressure equivalent to a “1-inch water column” shall be held for a test period of not less than 15 minutes.
(3) According to the IPC, cast-iron pipe must be supported by hangers at a maximum interval of how many feet between the hangers if vertically installed?
- Correct Answer: IPC – Table 308.5, 15 feet.
The following reference materials are provided by PSI at the exam testing location. Do NOT bring your personal codebooks, but do bring two valid forms of identification:
- International Plumbing Code
- International Residential Building Code
Our interactive Exam Prep Program allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, multiple choice answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. Our sample tests questions are scrambled each time you test to simulate your actual state test experience.
This excellent program can be purchased and installed in just minutes, allows unlimited study and review time for a three month period, and runs on any Windows or Mac computer with an operating system. The program will run on your laptop without internet access allowing on-the-go study preparation.
Candidates for state licensure must now pass an exam administered by PSI prior to submitting an application for licensure. See the recommended steps listed below:
- Study to pass your state exam on the first try with our Home Study Computer Program (Click ADD TO CART above)
- Register to take your exam online at www.psiexams.com or call (855) 898-0710
- Schedule an appointment to take the examination with PSI
- Take and pass the state exam
- You must bring two valid forms of identification
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled examination appointment.
- File a license application with the Board at www.colorado.gov/dora/licensing.
Colorado Division of Professions and Occupations Online Services (DORA):
Plumbing web address: https://dpo.colorado.gov/plumbing
State Plumbing Board: 1560 Broadway, Suite 1350, Denver, CO 80202. (303) 894-7800
Why Wait? Call Daniela Today! (303) 916-0020