Concrete Contractor (GS4) candidates, this new program has practice tests with real questions that simulate your state exam. Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this module. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in New Mexico !!!
To obtain a Contractor license, each candidate must pass the GS4 Concrete exam, and the Business and Law exam. We prepare you for both PSI exams!
Here is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
1. What is the best method to properly compact sand?
Answer: Add correct amount of moisture. Reference: Pipe & Excavation
2. Abrasion resistance of concrete is most closely related to what property?
Answer: Compressive Strength. Reference: Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures
3. When polyethylene is used beneath a concrete slab, the joints shall be lapped a minimum of ___?
Answer: 6 inches. Reference: IBC 1911.1
Our Concrete, Cement, Walkway, Driveway Contractor (GS-4) software is an interactive program that allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. The combination of specific computer based training with our software, familiarity with the code book, and your years of field experience assure your success. Prep At Home today!
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- International Building Code, 2009, International Code Council, (800) 786-4452. www.iccsafe.org
- OSHA 1926, Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926 Revised as of 2008 or later. (888) 293-6498. -OR-Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926 Selections as of 2008 by PSI. (800) 733-9267. www.osha.gov.
- International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings, 2009, International Code Council, (800) 786-4452. www.iccsafe.org
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures, Steven H. Kosmatka and William C. Panarese, 2010, Portland Cement Association, (847) 966-6200. ISBN 0-893122173. www.cement.org.
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting, Dave Roberts, 1987, Craftsman Book Company, (800) 829-8123, ISBN 0-934041-22-9. www.craftsmanbook.com/products.
- New Mexico Commercial Building Code (NMAC 14.7.2), 2009. www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/NMAC.
- New Mexico Residential Building Code (NMAC 14.7.3), 2009. www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/NMAC.
- Formwork for Concrete, M.K. Hurd, 2005, 7th edition, American Concrete Institute, (248) 848-3700, www.aciint.org.
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, 2011, 9th Edition, Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute. (800) 328-6306, www.crsi.org.
- ACI 318-05or 08 Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary, 2005 or 2008, American Concrete Institute, (248) 848-3700, www.concrete.org.
- Candidates are responsible for bringing their own references to the examination center. Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined and/or indexed prior to the examination session. (Permanent tabs and highlighting is permitted. No notes !!!)
Application for State Licensing must be submitted to PSI:
PSI Services LLC
2301 Yale SE, Ste. C-4
Albuquerque, NM 87106
Phone: (877) 663-9276
Web Site: public.psiexams.com
- License candidates must be pre-approved by Construction Industries prior to testing with PSI.
- Applications submitted to PSI are usually processed in 2-3 weeks, at which time PSI will mail each license candidate a letter or postcard to indicate approval to take the examination.
Examinations are administered by PSI:
PSI Services LLC
3210 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121
Phone: (800) 733-9267
Web Site: www.psiexams.com
- Be sure to carefully review your Candidate Information bulletin prior to your examination. This document contains important information regarding testing locations, fees, dates, examination content and reference materials used to make the examination.
License Requirements Summary:
- 60 question exam, 150 minute time limit, minimum test score 75%
- State Application Fee = $36.00
- PSI Test Fee = $68.88
- Experience requirement: 2 years.
This excellent program can be purchased and installed in just minutes, allows unlimited study and review time for a three month period, and runs on any Windows based computer. The program will run on your laptop without internet access allowing on-the-go study preparation. Why wait? Our program is very simple to install and run on your personal computer, empowering you to Prep At Home immediately. Click ADD TO CART to begin your studies today!
If you would like to read our No Pass No Pay Policy, click the following link, then the back arrow key on your browser to return to purchase your guaranteed exam prep program. No Pass No Pay Policy