Excavation Contractor (GS8) Candidates,
This new program has four practice tests with over 125 questions that simulate your state exam. Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this module. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in New Mexico !!!
Here is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- Soil that is unstable requires shoring during excavation, what is considered the best method for shoring the unstable soil?
Answer: Using a trench box. Reference: Pipe and Excavation Contracting 1987, page 301.
- Stumps and roots shall be removed from the soil to a depth of at least ___ below the surface of the ground in the area to be occupied by a building?
Answer: 12 inches. Reference: International Building Code 2009, 3304.1.
- On an excavation jobsite, what would be the main difficulty with a condition of holding groundwater?
Answer: It makes the soil unstable Reference: Pipe and Excavation Contracting 1987, page 164.
Our Earthmoving, Excavation, and Ditching Contractor (GS-8) software is an interactive program that allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. The combination of specific computer based training with our software, familiarity with the code book, and your years of field experience assure your success. Prep At Home today!
PSI Candidate Information Bulletin, Examination Content Outline:
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- International Building Code, 2009, International Code Council, (800) 786-4452. www.iccsafe.org
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting, Dave Roberts, 1987, Craftsman Book Company, (800) 829-8123, ISBN 0-934041-22-9. www.craftsman-book.com/products
- OSHA 1926, Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926 Revised as of 2008 or later. (888) 293-6498. -OR-Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926 Selections as of 2008 by PSI. (800) 733-9267. www.osha.gov.
- Candidates are responsible for bringing their own references to the examination center. Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined and/or indexed prior to the examination session. (Permanent tabs and highlighting is permitted. No notes !!!)
Application for State Licensing must be submitted to PSI:
PSI Services LLC
2301 Yale SE, Ste. C-4
Phone: (877) 663?9276
Web Site: public.psiexams.com
- License candidates must be pre-approved by Construction Industries prior to testing with PSI.
- Applications submitted to PSI are usually processed in 2-3 weeks, at which time PSI will mail each license candidate a letter or postcard to indicate approval to take the examination.
Examinations are administered by PSI:
PSI Services LLC
3210 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121
Phone: (800) 733-9267
Web Site: www.psiexams.com
- Be sure to carefully review your Candidate Information bulletin prior to your examination. This document contains important information regarding testing locations, fees, dates, examination content and reference materials used to make the examination.
License Requirements Summary:
- 40 question exam, 2 hour time limit, minimum test score 75%
- State Application Fee = $36.00
- PSI Test Fee = $68.88
- Experience requirement: 2 years.