The Contractors School offers the only Complete 3-in-1 System consisting of:
(1) New NEC 2017 Home Study Computer Program with 20 excellent sample exams with 50 questions in each module to simulate your actual PSI state exam !
(2) Weekend Seminar or Webinar (when available)
(3) Engineering tutoring help
This Home Study Computer Program is a three (3) month subscription / enrollment and allows for unlimited Home Study, Seminars, and Tutoring for a three (3) month period !
Our sample exams simulate all 3 PSI exams:
- Code portion (open book) Test 1
- Theory portion (closed book) Test 2
- Practical portion (hands-on) Test 3
To obtain a Journeyman license, each candidate must pass all three trade portions Electrical exams!
Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this new software. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in New Mexico!
Below is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- According to the New Mexico Electrical Code, where a service mast is used for the support of service drop conductors, it shall be a minimum how many inches trade size rigid metal conduit?
- Correct Answer: NMAC 188.8.131.52(F)(2) … minimum 2 inches
- What would be the calculated minimum size feeder circuit conductors for Multiple Motors on the same feeder given the following conditions? (230 volts, Three-Phase, Motor 1: 10 HP, Motor 2: 2 HP)
- Correct Answer: NEC – 430.6, 430.6(A)(1), Table 430.250, 430.24, Table 310.15(B)(16), Calculate; 28 amperes x 1.25 = 35 A + 6.8 A = 41.8 amperes. 8 AWG.
- What would be the maximum conductor ampacity permitted given the following installation? (Ten conductors, 12 AWG, THHN, 86 degrees F.)
- Step_1: Table 310.15(B)(16) lists 30 amperes.
- Step_2: Table 310.15(B)(3)(a) lists 10-20 Conductors at 50%.
- Step_3: Table 310.15(B)(2)(a) lists a correction factor for 86 deg F, 90 deg C wire at 1.00.
- Step_4: Calculate; 30 amperes x 0.50 x 1.00 = 15 amperes.
- What would be the minimum size electrical box given that four 2″ conduits enter the side of the box, and four 2″ conduits also exit the bottom of the enclosure (assume a 600 V external installation)?
- Correct Answer: NEC – 314.28(A)(2), Simply calculate: 2″ x 6 = 12″ +2″ +2″ +2″ = 18 inches by 18 inches
Since the PSI state test is composed from several code and text books revisions, our exam prep program simulates this testing experience. Question and code references from the current and older code books and calculations are included with this module. This gives our customers the very best chance to study and prepare with the variety of questions that can be asked during their examination.
Screen shot image of our Exam Prep Program running on your home computer
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- NFPA 70 National Electrical Code 2017
- New Mexico Electrical Code NMAC 14.10.4 2017
- Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined, tabbed, however personal notes (writing in the codebook) is NOT permitted by PSI.
License Requirements Summary:
- Part 1 Code Examination: 50 question exam, 145 minute time limit minimum test score 75%
- Part 2 Theory Examination: 50 question exam, 135 minute time limit minimum test score 75%
- Part 3 Practical Examination: 120 minute time limit minimum test score 75%
- State Application Fee = $75.00
- PSI Test (Combination Fee) = $206.64 total ($68.88 x 3)
- Experience requirement: 4 years on-the-job training under the supervision of an Electrical Contractor, Master Electrician, or Inspector.
Applications must be submitted to PSI (Construction Industries Division Regulation and Licensing Department) at:
2820 Broadbent Pkwy NE, Suite E&F
Albuquerque, NM 87107
Telephone: (877) 663-9267
Website (New Mexico Contractor Licensing): public.psiexams.com
Website (PSI Testing): psiexams.com
- License candidates must be pre-approved prior to testing with PSI.
- Applications submitted are usually processed in 2-3 weeks, at which time PSI will mail each license candidate a postcard (or email) to indicate approval to take the examination.
Examinations are administered by the testing agency PSI Services LLC:
3210 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121
Telephone: (877) 663-9267
Our interactive Exam Prep Program allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, multiple choice answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. Our sample tests questions are scrambled each time you test to simulate your actual state test experience.
This excellent program can be purchased and installed in just minutes, allows unlimited study and review time for a three month period, and runs on any Windows or Mac computer with an operating system. The program will run on your laptop without internet access allowing on-the-go study preparation.
Click ADD TO CART at the top of this page to begin your studies today!