HVAC Contractor (MM3) Candidates, this new program has four practice tests with over 245 questions that simulate your state exam. Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this module. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in New Mexico !!!
Here is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- Metal ducts when installed in or under a concrete slab shall be encased in at least ___ of concrete?
Answer: 2 inches. Reference: UMC 2009, 604.1.
- What happens to the evaporator of a system by raising the superheat?
Answer: Evaporator is starved. Reference: Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, 2004, page187.
- Ambient temperatures will need to fall furthest to reach the dew point on ___ ?
Answer: A dry day compared to a humid day. Reference: Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, 2004.
Our Heat, Vent and Air Conditioning Contractor (MM-3) software is an interactive program that allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. The combination of specific computer based training with our software, familiarity with the code book, and your years of field experience assure your success. Prep At Home today!
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- Uniform Mechanical Code, 2009, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), (800) 854-2766. www.iapmo.org.
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, 2004, 18th Edition. The Goodheart-Willcox Company, (800) 323-0440. www.goodheartwillcox.com
- IPTs Pipe Trades Handbook, Robert A. Lee, 1991, IPT Publishing and Training, Ltd., ISBN 0-920855-18-0. (888) 808-6763. www.iptbooks.com.
- New Mexico Mechanical Code (NMAC 14.9.2), 2009. (505) 476-4700. www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/NMAC.
- Ductulator or other slide or wheel duct calculator
- HVAC Duct Construction Standards, Metal and Flexible,2005, 3rd edition, Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association, Inc., (703) 803-2980,www.smacna.org.
- Pressure and Enthalpy Charts are allowed in the examination. The charts MUST be clearly titled in a preprinted fashion as Pressure and Enthalpy Charts. The charts may be the graph type or the table type. Various publishers and manufacturers provide these charts such as Mollier, Real Climate, and SAIMECHE.
- Candidates are responsible for bringing their own references to the examination center. Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined and/or indexed prior to the examination session. (Permanent tabs and highlighting is permitted. No notes !!!)
Application for State Licensing must be submitted to PSI:
PSI Services LLC
2301 Yale SE, Ste. C-4
Phone: (877) 663?9276
Web Site: public.psiexams.com
- License candidates must be pre-approved by Construction Industries prior to testing with PSI.
- Applications submitted to PSI are usually processed in 2-3 weeks, at which time PSI will mail each license candidate a letter or postcard to indicate approval to take the examination.
Examinations are administered by PSI:
PSI Services LLC
3210 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121
Phone: (800) 733-9267
Web Site: www.psiexams.com
- Be sure to carefully review your Candidate Information bulletin prior to your examination. This document contains important information regarding testing locations, fees, dates, examination content and reference materials used to make the examination.
License Requirements Summary:
- 100 question exam, 4 hour time limit, minimum test score 75%
- State Application Fee = $36.00
- PSI Test Fee=$68.88
- Experience requirement: 4 years.