Here is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- What would be the Locked-Rotor Current value given a, two horse power, 230 volt, single phase motor?
Answer: 25 amperes. Reference: NEC Table 430.251(A).
- Expansion fittings for PVC (rigid non-metallic) conduit shall be provided to ___?
Answer: Compensate for thermal expansion and contraction. Reference: NEC 352.44
- One of the main advantages of using type USE cable is that it can ___?
Answer: Be directly buried in the earth. Reference: Table 310.13(A).
- Boxes used at luminaire or lampholder outlets in a ceiling shall be designed for the purpose and shall be required to support a luminaire weighing a minimum of ___?
Answer: 50 pounds. Reference: 314.27(A).
- Given, a circuit has a source voltage of 120 v, and a resistive load of 12 Ohms, how much current will be drawn from the power source?
Answer: 10.0 amps. Reference: I = E/R = 120/12 = 10 amps.
Our Arkansas Master Electrician state exam prep software is an interactive program that allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. The combination of specific computer based training with our software, familiarity with the code book, and your years of field experience assure your success. Start today!
Prov Candidate Information Bulletin, Examination Content Outline:
Electrical Books allowed during the state exam:
- National Electrical Code, 2011 edition. National Fire Protection Association, 1 Batterymarch Park, PL BOX 9101, Quincy, MA 02269
- Testing candidates are responsible for bringing their own references to the examination center. Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined and/or indexed prior to the examination session. (Permanent tabs and highlighting is permitted. No notes !!!)
Applications must be submitted:
Arkansas Board of Electrical Examiners
Arkansas Department of Labor
10421 West Markham
Little Rock, AR 72205
Phone: (501) 682-4500
Fax: (501) 682-4535
- Pre-approval is required from the board before sitting for the exam.
- A Master electrician is any person who engages in the business of installing electrical power or control systems; maintaining, altering or repairing any electrical devices, equipment, or any other electrical apparatus.
Examinations are administered by the testing agency:
13614 Progress Blvd.
Alachua, FL 32615
Phone: (866) 720-7768
Fax: (386) 518-6419
License Requirements Summary
- 60 question exam, 3 hour time limit, minimum test score 75%
- Prov Test Fee = $80
Requires minimum of 6 years of work experience overall + 2 years working with Journeyman license.