The Contractors School offers the only Complete 3-in-1 System consisting of:
(1) New NEC 2020 Home Study Computer Program with 20 excellent sample exams.
- Tests 1-10 have 33+ questions in each sample exam to prepare you for the Calculations portion of the exam!
- Tests 11-20+ have 75+ questions in each sample exam to prepare you for the NEC Knowledge portion of the exam!
(2) Weekend Seminar or Webinar !
(3) Engineering tutoring help !
This Home Study Computer Program is a three (3) month subscription / enrollment and allows for unlimited Home Study, Seminars, and Tutoring for a three (3) month period !
Our sample exams simulate your actual PSI state exam!
Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this new module. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in Texas!
Below is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- Fire pump power circuits, wiring methods, and load calculations shall comply with the requirements of the NEC. Therefore, calculate the required minimum ampacity of the conductor size, given the following multiple loads? (Fire pump at 88 amps, Maintenance pump at 10.6 amps, Accessory Equipment at 10 amps)
- Correct Answer: NEC – 695.6(B)(1), Calculate; 88.0 amps + 10.6 amps = 98.6 amps, then x 125% = 123.25 amp. Then add all the loads; 123.25 + 10.00 = 133.25 amps.
- Calculate the maximum standard rating of a motor branch circuit, short circuit, or ground fault protective device given the following conditions? (230 volts, Single Phase, 2 HP, Inverse Time Breaker)
- Step_1: Table 430.248 lists the FLC at 12 amperes..
- Step_2: Table 430.52 lists the multiplier at 250%, then multiply 12 amperes x 2.50 = 30.0 amperes
- Step_3: Table 240.6(A) lists a standard rating fuse as 30 A.
- If FOUR ungrounded supply conductors are paralleled in two separate raceways, what would be the MIMIMUM supply side bonding jumper required between the 1,000 amp Service and the steel frame of the Commercial Building? Assume the individual supply conductors for this installation are size 250 kcmil conductors?
- Correct Answer: NEC – Table 250.102(C)(1), Four (4) 250-kcmil ungrounded conductors are in parallel. Therefore, calculate; 250 kcmil x 4 = 1,000 kcmil, so slide down the left column to “Over 600 through 1100” then over to size the supply-side bonding jumper at 2/0 AWG .
Since the PSI state test is composed from several code and text books revisions, our exam prep program simulates this testing experience. Question and code references from the current and older code books and calculations are included with this module. This gives our customers the very best chance to study and prepare with the variety of questions that can be asked during their examination.
Screen shot image of our Exam Prep Program running on your home computer
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- NFPA 70 National Electrical Code, 2020. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), (800) 344-3555. www.nfpa.org
- Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined, tabbed, and notes are all permitted prior to the exam session.
License Requirements Summary:
- 100 question exam, 5 hour time limit, minimum test score 75%
- State Application Fee = $50
- PSI Test Fee = $78
- Experience requirement: 6 years (2 years with a journeyman license).
Applications must be submitted to Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation TLDR online or at:
P.O. Box 12157
Austin, Texas 78711
Telephone: (512) 463-6599
Toll-Free (in Texas): (800) 803-9202
Relay Texas-TDD: (800) 735-2989
- License candidates must be pre-approved by Texas Dept of Licensing and Regulation prior to testing with PSI.
- Applications submitted to TDLR are usually processed in 2-3 weeks, at which time TDLR will mail each license candidate a letter or postcard to indicate app roval to take the examination with the testing agency PSI.
Examinations are administered by the testing agency PSI Services LLC:
3210 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121
Telephone: (800) 733-9267
Our interactive Exam Prep Program allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, multiple choice answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. Our sample tests questions are scrambled each time you test to simulate your actual state test experience.
This excellent program can be purchased and installed in just minutes, allows unlimited study and review time for a three month period, and runs on any Windows or Mac computer with an operating system. The program will run on your laptop without internet access allowing on-the-go study preparation.
Click ADD TO CART at the top of this page to begin your studies today!