Gas Contractor (MM2) Candidates, this new program has four practice tests with over 185 questions that simulate your state exam. Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this module. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in New Mexico !!!
Here is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- According to the Uniform Mechanical Code, Type “B” vent pipe may be used with what kind of fuel burning appliance?
Answer: Gas burning appliances. Reference: UMC 2009, Table 8-1.
- What should be done if low ambient temperatures on a fully charged unit still has discharge pressure?
Answer: Use controlled fan cycling. Reference: Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, 2004, Figure 29-6.
- What would permit gas piping to be installed under a building concrete slab?
Answer: Use approved gas tight conduit. Reference: UMC 2009, 1311.1.6.
Our Natural Gas Fitting Contractor (MM-2) software is an interactive program that allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. The combination of specific computer based training with our software, familiarity with the code book, and your years of field experience assure your success. Prep At Home today!
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- Uniform Mechanical Code, 2009, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), (800) 854-2766. www.iapmo.org.
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, 2004, 18th Edition. The Goodheart-Willcox Company, (800) 323-0440. www.goodheartwillcox.com
- IPTs Pipe Trades Handbook, Robert A. Lee, 1991, IPT Publishing and Training, Ltd., ISBN 0-920855-18-0. (888) 808-6763. www.iptbooks.com.
- Uniform Plumbing Code, 2009, International Association ofPlumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), (800) 854-2766. www.iapmo.org.
- New Mexico Plumbing Code (NMAC 14.8.2), 2009. (505) 476-4700. www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/NMAC.
- New Mexico Mechanical Code (NMAC 14.9.2), 2009. (505) 476-4700. www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/NMAC.
- Candidates are responsible for bringing their own references to the examination center. Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined and/or indexed prior to the examination session. (Permanent tabs and highlighting is permitted. No notes !!!)
Application for State Licensing must be submitted to PSI:
PSI Services LLC
2301 Yale SE, Ste. C-4
Phone: (877) 663?9276
Web Site: public.psiexams.com
- License candidates must be pre-approved by Construction Industries prior to testing with PSI.
- Applications submitted to PSI are usually processed in 2-3 weeks, at which time PSI will mail each license candidate a letter or postcard to indicate approval to take the examination.
Examinations are administered by PSI:
PSI Services LLC
3210 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121
Phone: (800) 733-9267
Web Site: www.psiexams.com
- Be sure to carefully review your Candidate Information bulletin prior to your examination. This document contains important information regarding testing locations, fees, dates, examination content and reference materials used to make the examination.
License Requirements Summary:
- 100 question exam, 4 hour time limit, minimum test score 75%
- State Application Fee = $36.00
- PSI Test Fee=$68.88
- Experience requirement: 4 years.