The NC Electrical Contractor Intermediate license allows the licensee to engage in a single electrical contracting project of a value not in excess of $150,000.
The Contractors School offers the only Complete 3-in-1 System consisting of:
(1) New 2022 Home Study Computer Program with 20 excellent sample exams.
(2) Weekend Seminar or Webinar !
(3) Engineering tutoring help !
This Home Study Computer Program is a three (3) month subscription / enrollment and allows for unlimited Home Study, Seminars, and Tutoring for a three (3) month period !
Our sample exams simulate your actual PSI state exam!
Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this new module. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in North Carolina!
Below is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- Given, an installation has a feeder with a 90A fuse, and the transformer load is fed by a circuit breaker (setting equal to the ampacity of the tap), and the tapped feeder conductors are in a 20 foot run of conduit, what would be the minimum allowable ampacity of the tap conductor?
- NEC – 240.21(B)(3)(1) The conductors supplying the primary of a transformer have an ampacity at least one-third the rating of the over-current device protecting the feeder conductors. 90A / 3 = 30A.
- Which statement is correct when calculating a dwelling service load using the Optional Method?
- (I) Air Conditioning: 8,000 Watts
- (II) Heating: 10,000 Watts
- Correct Choice: II only (Include the Heating load only).
- Given a transformer diagram shows a configuration 3-Phase, 4-Wire 120/208 V Wye. The system has three of the following loads connected to A-N, B-N, and C-N. They are all the same load values: 14 kW, NON-continuous, balanced loads. Assume each of the three loads are resistive. What would be the maximum ampere load on the Neutral feeder conductor?
- Step_1: Understand the theory; the maximum neutral current would take place when two of the loads were on full and the third was off.
- Step_2: Calculate the current in one phase; I=P/E = 14,000 Watts / 120 Volts = 117 amperes.
Our Home Study Computer Program running on your PC.
Reference Materials to bring to testing center:
1. The National Electrical Code, 2020 edition
2. National Fire Alarm Code, 2013 edition
Calculators, scratch paper and pencils will be provided at the test center. Only the references listed above will be allowed in the testing center; no other books or reference materials are permitted.
Personal notes (formulas/calculations) in pen are allowed!
In addition to the 2020 NEC and 2013 NFPA (if applicable), the examination will consist of questions concerning the following references:
1. Electrical Contractors Licensing Law (General Statutes Chapter 87, Article 4)
2. The Board’s Rules for the Implementation of the Electrical Contractors Licensing Law (Title 21, North Carolina Administrative Code, Chapter 18B)
3. NASCLA Contractors’ Guide to Business, Law and Project Management: North Carolina Electrical Edition.
These references are designed as “CLOSED BOOK” questions. That is, no candidate will be allowed to refer to any part of these documents during the examination.
North Carolina Examination Procedure Checklist:
Before registering for an examination, make sure that you have reviewed the following checklist.
▪ You must get authorization from the Board to take an examination.
▪ Complete the NC Board Examination Application Form and return it to the Board’s office with the a $90 money order ($30 application + 60 Examination).
▪ Upon the Board’s approval you will receive a Notice of Approval letter or email from the Board.
▪ Your authorization includes only one examination attempt. Should you fail the examination, you must re-apply to the Board for a new authorization.
Prepare for your examination
Study to pass your PSI state exam on the first try with our Home Study Computer Program (Click ADD TO CART above).
Schedule for your examination
Complete the registration form on line at www.psiexams.com, or call (855) 746-8173.
Take your examination
▪ You must bring two forms of valid (non-expired) identification, which bear your signature. One of these must have your photograph.
▪ Your name as shown on the state approved roster must exactly match the name on the photo I.D. used when checking in at PSI.
▪ Arrive 30 minutes prior to exam appointment.
After your examination:
▪ You will receive your results upon exam completion.
▪ Upon passing the examination, your results will automatically be made available to the Board for licensure.
▪ For licensing status information, go to www.ncbeec.org or call the Board at (919) 733-9042.
▪ A person who fails a qualifying examination shall not be eligible to take another examination in the same classification until three months after the date of the failed examination. However, a person can re-apply for a different license classification, and test for the different license (i.e. if you failed for Unlimited, you can resubmit a new application for the Intermediate license).
▪ A person who fails an examination in the same classification three times must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 16 hours of classroom education on the electrical code provided by a board-approved continuing education sponsor before retaking the examination.
Our interactive Exam Prep Program allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, multiple choice answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. Our sample tests questions are scrambled each time you test to simulate your actual state test experience.
This excellent program can be purchased and installed in just minutes, allows unlimited study and review time for a three month period, and runs on any Windows or Mac computer with an operating system. The program will run on your laptop without internet access allowing on-the-go study preparation.
Click ADD TO CART or call to get enrolled today! Jessica (980) 417-0160