The Contractors School offers the only Complete 3-in-1 System consisting of:
(1) New NEC 2017 Home Study Computer Program with 10 excellent sample exams with 100 questions in each module to simulate your actual PSI state exam !
(2) Weekend Seminar or Webinar
(3) Engineering tutoring help
This Home Study Computer Program is a three (3) month subscription / enrollment and allows for unlimited Home Study, Seminars, and Tutoring for a three (3) month period !
Our sample exams simulate all 4 Electrical and Business Law exams:
- Commercial portion Test 1
- Residential portion Test 2
- Specialties portion Test 3
- Business & Law portion
To obtain a Contractor license, each candidate must pass all three trade portions Electrical exams, and the Business and Law portion exam.
Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this new software. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in New Mexico!
Below is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- According to New Mexico electrical code, overhead service support shall comply with the serving utility requirements or be at least how size pressure treated timber or equivalent round poles?
- Correct Answer: NMAC 18.104.22.168(P)(2)(b) … 6×6 inches
- Fire pump power circuits, wiring methods, and load calculations shall comply with the requirements of the NEC. Therefore, calculate the required minimum ampacity of the conductor size, given the following multiple loads? (Fire pump at 88 amps, Maintenance pump at 10.6 amps, Accessory Equipment at 10 amps)
- Correct Answer: NEC – 695.6(B)(1), Calculate; 88.0 amps + 10.6 amps = 98.6 amps, then x 125% = 123.25 amp. Then add all the loads; 123.25 + 10.00 = 133.25 amps.
- Calculate the maximum standard rating of a motor branch circuit, short circuit, or ground fault protective device given the following conditions? (230 volts, Single Phase, 2 HP, Inverse Time Breaker)
- Step_1: Table 430.248 lists the FLC at 12 amperes..
- Step_2: Table 430.52 lists the multiplier at 250%, then multiply 12 amperes x 2.50 = 30.0 amperes
- Step_3: Table 240.6(A) lists a standard rating fuse as 30 A.
- If FOUR ungrounded supply conductors are paralleled in two separate raceways, what would be the MIMIMUM supply side bonding jumper required between the 1,000 amp Service and the steel frame of the Commercial Building? Assume the individual supply conductors for this installation are size 250 kcmil conductors?
- Correct Answer: NEC – Table 250.102(C)(1), Four (4) 250-kcmil ungrounded conductors are in parallel. Therefore, calculate; 250 kcmil x 4 = 1,000 kcmil, so slide down the left column to “Over 600 through 1100” then over to size the supply-side bonding jumper at 2/0 AWG .
Since the PSI state test is composed from several code and text books revisions, our exam prep program simulates this testing experience. Question and code references from the current and older code books and calculations are included with this module. This gives our customers the very best chance to study and prepare with the variety of questions that can be asked during their examination.
Screen shot image of our Exam Prep Program running on your home computer
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- NFPA 70 National Electrical Code 2017
- New Mexico Electrical Code NMAC 14.10.4 2017
- National Electrical Safety Code 2007
- Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined, tabbed, however personal notes (writing in the codebook) is NOT permitted by PSI.
License Requirements Summary:
- Part 1 Commercial Examination: 80 question exam, 200 minute time limit minimum test score 75%
- Part 2 Residential Examination: 40 question exam, 100 minute time limit minimum test score 75%
- Part 3 Specialties Examination: 50 question exam, 135 minute time limit minimum test score 75%
- State Application Fee = $36.00
- PSI Test (Combination Fee) = $269.06 total ($89.69 x 3)
- Experience requirement: 4 years on-the-job training under the supervision of an Electrical Contractor, Master Electrician, or Inspector.
Applications must be submitted to PSI (Construction Industries Division Regulation and Licensing Department) at:
2820 Broadbent Pkwy NE, Suite E&F
Albuquerque, NM 87107
Telephone: (877) 663-9267
Website (New Mexico Contractor Licensing): public.psiexams.com
Website (PSI Testing): psiexams.com
- License candidates must be pre-approved prior to testing with PSI.
- Applications submitted are usually processed in 2-3 weeks, at which time PSI will mail each license candidate a postcard (or email) to indicate approval to take the examination.
Examinations are administered by the testing agency PSI Services LLC:
3210 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121
Telephone: (877) 663-9267
Our interactive Exam Prep Program allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, multiple choice answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. Our sample tests questions are scrambled each time you test to simulate your actual state test experience.
This excellent program can be purchased and installed in just minutes, allows unlimited study and review time for a three month period, and runs on any Windows or Mac computer with an operating system. The program will run on your laptop without internet access allowing on-the-go study preparation.
Click ADD TO CART at the top of this page to begin your studies today!