Plumbing Contractor (MM1) Candidates, this new program has four practice tests with over 285 questions that simulate your state exam. Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this module. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in New Mexico !!!
Here is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- What is an approved location for the main shut-off valve?
Answer: Discharge side of each water meter. Reference: UPC 2009 605.2.
- All roof drains shall be equipped with strainers extending not less ___ above the surface of the roof immediately adjacent to the drain?
Answer: 4 inches. Reference: UPC 2009 1105.2.
- Water closet bowls for public use shall be of the ___ type?
Answer: Elongated. Reference: UPC 2009, 408.1.
Our Plumbing Contractor (MM-1) software is an interactive program that allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. The combination of specific computer based training with our software, familiarity with the code book, and your years of field experience assure your success. Prep At Home today!
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- Uniform Plumbing Code, 2009, International Association ofPlumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), (800) 854-2766. www.iapmo.org.
- IPTs Pipe Trades Handbook, Robert A. Lee, 1991, IPTPublishing and Training, Ltd., ISBN 0-920855-18-0. (888) 808-6763. www.iptbooks.com.
- New Mexico Plumbing Code (NMAC 14.8.2), 2009. (505) 476-4700. www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/NMAC.
- New Mexico Mechanical Code (NMAC 14.9.2), 2009. (505) 476-4700. www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/NMAC.
- New Mexico Liquid Waste Disposal Regulations (NMAC 20.7.3), 2005. (505) 476-4700. www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/NMAC.
- Candidates are responsible for bringing their own references to the examination center. Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined and/or indexed prior to the examination session. (Permanent tabs and highlighting is permitted. No notes !!!)
Application for State Licensing must be submitted to PSI:
PSI Services LLC
2301 Yale SE, Ste. C-4
Phone: (877) 663?9276
Web Site: public.psiexams.com
- License candidates must be pre-approved by Construction Industries prior to testing with PSI.
- Applications submitted to PSI are usually processed in 2-3 weeks, at which time PSI will mail each license candidate a letter or postcard to indicate approval to take the examination.
Examinations are administered by PSI:
PSI Services LLC
3210 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121
Phone: (800) 733-9267
Web Site: www.psiexams.com
- Be sure to carefully review your Candidate Information bulletin prior to your examination. This document contains important information regarding testing locations, fees, dates, examination content and reference materials used to make the examination.
License Requirements Summary:
- 100 question exam, 4 hour time limit, minimum test score 75%
- State Application Fee = $36.00
- PSI Test Fee=$68.88
- Experience requirement: 4 years.