This new program has ten tests with over 500 questions that simulate your upcoming state exam. Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this module. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in Oklahoma !!!
Here is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- When designing a drainage system, what fixtures may be double trapped?
Answer: No fixture. Reference: IPC 2009 1002.1.
- A tracer wire of what gauge is required for underground natural gas pipe?
Answer: 18 AWG. Reference: IFGC 2009 404.14.3.
- What is an approved method of moving a compressed gas cylinder?
Answer: Tilting and rolling on bottom edge. Reference: IFGC 2009 404.14.3.
- An indirect waste pipe shall be installed with a trap if the length exceeds?
Answer: Four feet. Reference: IPC 2009 802.2.
Our Plumbing and Gas Contractor software is an interactive program that allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations for Plumbing and Gas Contractors. The combination of specific computer based training with our software, familiarity with the code books, and your years of field experience assure your success. Prep At Home today!
PSI Candidate Information Bulletin, Examination Content Outline:
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- International Plumbing Code, 2009 Edition, International Code Council, 5203 Leesburg Pike, Suite 600, Falls Church, VA 22041, (800) 786-4452,www.iccsafe.org
- International Fuel Gas Code, 2009 Edition, International Code Council, 5203 Leesburg Pike, Suite 600, Falls Church, VA 22041, (800) 786-4452,www.iccsafe.org
- Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters, 7th Edition, 2008, Delmar/Thomson Learning, (800) 347-7707, www.delmarlearning.com, ISBN 1401821103
- Code of Federal Regulations Title 29, Part 1926 (OSHA), 2008, Superintendent of Documents, PO Box 371954, Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7954, (888) 293-6498, http://bookstore.gpo.gov–OR– PSI OSHA Excerpts 2008, PSI, 3210 E Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121, (800) 733-9267, www. psiexams.com
- Candidates are responsible for bringing their own references to the examination center. Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined and/or indexed prior to the examination session. (Permanent tabs and highlighting is permitted. No notes !!!)
Applications must be submitted to OK CID at:
Construction Industries Board
2401 NW 23rd St, Ste 2F
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Telephone: (405) 521?6550
Toll Free: (877) 484-4424
Web Site: http://ok.gov/cib/
- License candidates must be pre-approved by Construction Industries Boardprior to testing with PSI.
- Applications submitted to Construction Industries Board are usually processed in 2-3 weeks, at which time Construction Industries Board will mail each license candidate a letter or postcard to indicate approval to take the examination with the testing agency PSI.
Examinations are administered by the testing agency:
PSI Services LLC
3210 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121
License Requirements Summary:
- 80 question exam, 3 hour time limit, minimum test score 75%
- State Application Fee = $330
- PSI Test Fee =$100
- Experience requirement: Applicants for the mechanical contractor’s examination must verify four (4) years mechanical experience and be nineteen (19) years of age to be eligible to take the examination.