Refrigeration Journeyman (JR) Candidates, this new program has four practice tests with over 235 questions that simulate your state exam. Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this module. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in New Mexico !!!
Here is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- A gas monitoring system shall be installed when dispensing occurs and flammable gases may be present in excess of ___ of the lower explosive limit?
Answer: 20 percent. Reference: add article here.
- Where is the low-pressure liquid refrigerant located in an industrial chiller?
Answer: Evaporator. Reference: >Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, 2004, page 951.
- The most common length for steel pipe that is 8 inches or smaller in diameter is ___?
Answer: 21 foot lengths. Reference: IPT Pipe Trades Handbook 1991, page 46.
Our Refrigeration Journeyman (JR) software is an interactive program that allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. The combination of specific computer based training with our software, familiarity with the code book, and your years of field experience assure your success. Prep At Home today!
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- Uniform Mechanical Code, 2009, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), (800) 854-2766. www.iapmo.org.
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, 2004, 18th Edition. The Goodheart-Willcox Company, (800) 323-0440. www.goodheartwillcox.com
- IPTs Pipe Trades Handbook, Robert A. Lee, 1991, IPT Publishing and Training, Ltd., ISBN 0-920855-18-0. (888) 808-6763. www.iptbooks.com.
- New Mexico Plumbing Code (NMAC 14.8.2), 2009. (505) 476-4700. www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/NMAC.
- New Mexico Mechanical Code (NMAC 14.9.2), 2009. (505) 476-4700. www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/NMAC.
- Industrial Refrigeration Handbook, W. F. Stoecker, 1998,McGraw-Hill, (800) 262-4729. ISBN 0-07-061623-X. www.books.mcgrawhill.com.
- OSHA 1926, Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926 Revised as of 2008 or later. (888) 293-6498. -OR-Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926 Selections as of 2008 by PSI,(800) 733-9267. www.osha.gov.
- Candidates are responsible for bringing their own references to the examination center. Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined and/or indexed prior to the examination session. (Permanent tabs and highlighting is permitted. No notes !!!)
Application for State Licensing must be submitted to PSI:
PSI Services LLC
2301 Yale SE, Ste. C-4
Phone: (877) 663?9276
Web Site: public.psiexams.com
- License candidates must be pre-approved by Construction Industries prior to testing with PSI.
- Applications submitted to PSI are usually processed in 2-3 weeks, at which time PSI will mail each license candidate a letter or postcard to indicate approval to take the examination.
Examinations are administered by PSI:
PSI Services LLC
3210 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121
Phone: (800) 733-9267
Web Site: www.psiexams.com
- Be sure to carefully review your Candidate Information bulletin prior to your examination. This document contains important information regarding testing locations, fees, dates, examination content and reference materials used to make the examination.
License Requirements Summary:
- 50 question exam, 2 hour time limit, minimum test score 75%
- State Application and License Fee = $75.00
- PSI Test Fee = $68.88
- Experience requirement: 2 years.