This new program has two excellent practice exams with over 250 questions that simulate your state exam. Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this module. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in New Mexico !!!
Here is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- To provide a correct vapor barrier using batt insulation, the insulation must ___?
Answer: Face the warm side of the wall. Reference: IRC 2009 318.1.
- Where is the attachment point required on a body harness?
Answer: Center of the back. Reference: OSHA 502(D)(17)
- Foundation sills and plates shall be bolted to the foundation at a maximum interval of ___?
Answer: 6 feet. Reference: IRC 2009 403.1.6.
Our Residential Building Contractor (GB-2) software is an interactive computer program that allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations.
This download will contain a study and preparation program that will consist of several sample test modules. Each practice exam is designed to give the student a simulation of what to expect when taking the actual state test with PSI. This program contains hundreds of questions from the exact reference code books and text books used to make the examination. The combination of specific computer based training with our software, familiarity with the code books, text books, and your years of field experience assure your success. Prep At Home today!
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings, 2009, International Code Council, (800) 786-4452. www.iccsafe.org
- OSHA 1926, Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926 Revised as of 2008 or later. (888) 293-6498. -OR-Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926 Selections as of 2008 by PSI. (800) 733-9267. www.osha.gov.
- Carpentry and Building Construction, John L. Feirer and Mark D. Feirer, 2010, Glencoe-McGraw-Hill, (800) 334-7344, ISBN 0-07-822702-X www.glencoe.com
- Modern Masonry – Brick, Block, Stone, Clois E. Kicklighter, 2010 (Seventh Edition), The Goodheart-Willcox Company, (800) 323-0440, ISBN 1-56637-962-8. www.goodheartwillcox.com
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting, Dave Roberts, 1987, Craftsman Book Company, (800) 829-8123, ISBN 0-934041-22-9. www.craftsman-book.com/products
- International Energy Conservation Code, 2003. International Code Council, (800) 786-4452. www.iccsafe.org.
- The Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction, 2005, 3rd Edition, American Concrete Institute, (248) 848-3700. www.aci-int.org.
- Roofing Construction and Estimating, Daniel Atcheson, 1995, Craftsman Book Company, (800) 829-8123, ISBN 1-57218-007-2. www.craftsman-book.com/products.
- Guide to Good Practice for Handling, Installing, Restraining, and Bracing of Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses, 2006, Wood Truss Council of America, (608) 274-4849. www.woodtruss.com.
- New Mexico Administrative Code Title 14, 2004. www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/NMAC.
- New Mexico Residential Building Code (NMAC 14.7.3), 2009. www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/NMAC.
- Candidates are responsible for bringing their own references to the examination center. Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined and/or indexed prior to the examination session. (Permanent tabs and highlighting is permitted. No notes !!!)
Application for State Licensing must be submitted to PSI:
PSI Services LLC
2301 Yale SE, Ste. C-4
Phone: (877) 663?9276
Web Site: public.psiexams.com
- License candidates must be pre-approved by Construction Industries prior to testing with PSI.
- Applications submitted to PSI are usually processed in 2-3 weeks, at which time PSI will mail each license candidate a letter or postcard to indicate approval to take the examination.
Examinations are administered by PSI:
PSI Services LLC
3210 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121
Phone: (800) 733-9267
Web Site: www.psiexams.com
- Be sure to carefully review your Candidate Information bulletin prior to your examination. This document contains important information regarding testing locations, fees, dates, examination content and reference materials used to make the examination.
License Requirements Summary:
- 80 question exam, 220 minute time limit, minimum test score 75%
- State Application Fee = $36.00
- PSI Test Fee = $134.53
- Experience requirement: 2 years.
Why wait? Our program is very simple to install and run on your personal computer, empowering you to Prep At Home immediately. Start your studies today!