The Contractors School offers the only Complete 3-in-1 System consisting of:
(1) New NEC 2020 Home Study Computer Program with 10 excellent sample exams with 80 questions in each module to simulate your actual PSI state exam !
(2) Weekend Seminar or Webinar !
(3) Engineering tutoring help !
This Home Study Computer Program is a three (3) month subscription / enrollment and allows for unlimited Home Study, Seminars, and Tutoring for a three (3) month period !
Our sample exams simulate your actual PSI state exam!
Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this new module. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in Texas!
Below is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- The installation location of an electric signs or outline lighting system equipment shall be at least how many feet above areas accessible to vehicles unless protected from physical damage?
- Correct Answer: NEC – 600.9(A) 14 Feet.
- Flashers controlling a transformer in a sign must have a rating of what percentage of the transformer’s ampere rating?
- Correct Answer: NEC – 600.6(B), not less than twice the current rating of the transformer 200 percent.
- For the installation of electric signs and outline lighting, a commercial occupancy accessible to pedestrians shall be provided with a minimum of 1 outlet at each entrance to each tenant space. The outlet (or outlets) shall be supplied by a branch circuit rated at least how many amperes, and supplies no other loads?
- Correct Answer: NEC – 600.5(A) 20 Amperes.
Since the PSI state test is composed from several code and text books revisions, our exam prep program simulates this testing experience. Question and code references from the current and older code books and calculations are included with this module. This gives our customers the very best chance to study and prepare with the variety of questions that can be asked during their examination.
Screen shot image of our Exam Prep Program running on your home computer
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- NFPA 70 National Electrical Code, 2020. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), (800) 344-3555. www.nfpa.org
- Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined, tabbed, and notes are all permitted prior to the exam session.
License Requirements Summary:
- 80 question exam, 4 hour time limit, minimum test score 70%
- State Application Fee = $30.00
- PSI Test Fee = $78.00
- Experience requirement: 4 years on-the-job training under the supervision of a master electrician.
Applications must be submitted to Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation TLDR online or at:
P.O. Box 12157
Austin, Texas 78711
Telephone: (512) 463-6599
Toll-Free (in Texas): (800) 803-9202
Relay Texas-TDD: (800) 735-2989
- License candidates must be pre-approved by Texas Dept of Licensing and Regulation prior to testing with PSI.
- Applications submitted to TDLR are usually processed in 2-3 weeks, at which time TDLR will mail each license candidate a letter or postcard to indicate app roval to take the examination with the testing agency PSI.
Examinations are administered by the testing agency PSI Services LLC:
3210 E. Tropicana, Las Vegas, NV 89121
Telephone: (800) 733-9267
Our interactive Exam Prep Program allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, multiple choice answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. Our sample tests questions are scrambled each time you test to simulate your actual state test experience.
This excellent program can be purchased and installed in just minutes, allows unlimited study and review time for a three month period, and runs on any Windows or Mac computer with an operating system. The program will run on your laptop without internet access allowing on-the-go study preparation.
Click ADD TO CART at the top of this page to begin your studies today!