This new program has seven practice tests with over 450 questions for you to study. Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this module. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in Texas !!!
Here is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- A feeder installation between two separate structures has an equipment grounding conductor that must be ___??
Answer: Run with the supply conductors. Reference: NEC 250.32 (B).
- High voltage cable can be a maximum of how many feet given that it is run in a metal raceway from a transformer to other parts of the sign?
Answer: 20 feet. Reference: NEC 600.32(J)(1).
- What would be the continuous load of 16, 200 Watt Edison lamps?
Answer: 4,000 VA. Reference: NEC 2011 210.20, 16 lamps x 200 Watts x 125% = 4,000 Watts.
Our Master Sign Electrician software is an interactive program that allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, multiple choice answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. The combination of specific computer based training with our software, familiarity with the code book, and your years of field experience assure your success. Prep At Home today!
PSI Candidate Information Bulletin, Master Sign Electricians:
With our exam prep program you will be able to go into an examination with confidence knowing exactly what types of questions to expect, what reference materials are used, and how the questions are written and phrased. Familiarity with these code and text book questions is a must to pass your state examination. Timed computerized exams can be difficult without preparation. Therefore, practicing sample tests, questions, answers, and code references repeatedly is critical for you to become an effective test taker. Our program has a Study and Review mode that allows you become familiar with the material prior to taking your sample tests. The Test mode allows you to gauge your understanding of the variety of topics that will be required to pass the state exam. Our questions are scrambled each time you test to simulate your actual state test experience. Your goal with our program is to get your test scores at home above 95% within the time limit of your exam. The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- Candidates are responsible for bringing their own references to the examination center. Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined and/or indexed prior to the examination session. (Permanent tabs and highlighting is permitted. No notes !!!)
- Although it is not recommended, the 2008 NEC Code Book will be allowed in the Examination room in lieu of the 2011. The examination questions are based on the 2011 code.
Application for State Licensing must be submitted to TLDR at:
- License candidates must be pre-approved by Texas Dept of Licensing and Regulation prior to testing with PSI.
- Applications submitted to TDLR are usually processed in 2-3 weeks, at which time TDLR will mail each license candidate a letter or postcard to indicate approval to take the examination with the testing agency PSI.
Examinations are administered by PSI:
- Be sure to carefully review your Candidate Information bulletin prior to your examination. This document contains important information regarding testing locations, fees, dates, examination content and reference materials used to make the examination.
License Requirements Summary:
- 100 question exam, 5 hour time limit, minimum test score 75%
- State Application Fee = $50
- PSI Test Fee = $63
- Experience requirement: 6 years (2 years with a journeyman license).
Why wait? Our program is very simple to install and run on your personal computer, empowering you to Prep At Home immediately. Start your studies today!