Texas Journeyman Electrician 2020 NEC exam preparation is our specialty since 1972. School enrollment is complete with Home Study Computer Program, Tutoring, and Live Seminars with real questions, answers, code references, and calculations to prepare you for the actual PSI state licensing exam.
Custom Home Study Computer Program running on your personal PC
Our sample exams simulate your actual PSI state exam!
Below are a few questions from your upcoming PSI state exam:
- What would be the calculated minimum size feeder circuit conductors for Multiple Motors on the same feeder given the following conditions? (230 volts, Three-Phase, Motor 1: 10 HP, Motor 2: 2 HP)
- Correct Answer: NEC – 430.6, 430.6(A)(1), Table 430.250, 430.24, Table 310.15(B)(16), Calculate; 28 amperes x 1.25 = 35 A + 6.8 A = 41.8 amperes. 8 AWG.
- What would be the maximum conductor ampacity permitted given the following installation? (Ten conductors, 12 AWG, THHN, 86 degrees F.)
- Step_1: Table 310.15(B)(16) lists 30 amperes.
- Step_2: Table 310.15(B)(3)(a) lists 10-20 Conductors at 50%.
- Step_3: Table 310.15(B)(2)(a) lists a correction factor for 86 deg F, 90 deg C wire at 1.00.
- Step_4: Calculate; 30 amperes x 0.50 x 1.00 = 15 amperes.
- What would be the minimum size electrical box given that four 2″ conduits enter the side of the box, and four 2″ conduits also exit the bottom of the enclosure (assume a 600 V external installation)?
- Correct Answer: NEC – 314.28(A)(2), Simply calculate: 2″ x 6 = 12″ +2″ +2″ +2″ = 18 inches by 18 inches
The Contractors School offers the only Complete 3-in-1 System consisting of:
1) New NEC 2020 Home Study Computer Program with 15 excellent sample exams with 80 questions in each module to simulate your actual PSI state exam!
2) Weekend Seminar or Webinar!
3) Engineering tutoring help!
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- 2020 NEC (NFPA 70 National Electrical Code)
Important Note: Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined, tabbed, and notes are all permitted prior to the exam session.
License Requirements Summary:
- 80 question exam, 4 hour time limit, minimum test score 70%
- State Application Fee = $30.00
- PSI Test Fee = $78.00
- Experience requirement: 4 years on-the-job training under the supervision of a master electrician.
Applications must be submitted to Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation TLDR online or at:
. (512) 463-6599
Examinations are administered by the testing agency PSI Services LLC:
. (833) 333-4741
While most of our students pass their exams in 4-6 weeks, our system is a three month enrollment and allows for unlimited Home Study (computer software subscription), Seminars, and Tutoring for a three (3) month period. Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this new program. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best Home Study Computer Program in Texas!
Click ADD TO CART at the top of this page to begin your studies today!