Texas Journeyman Sign Electrician 2020 NEC exam preparation is our specialty since 1972. School enrollment is complete with Home Study Computer Program, Tutoring, and Live Seminars with real questions, answers, code references, and calculations to prepare you for the actual PSI state licensing exam.
Custom Home Study Computer Program running on your personal PC
Our sample exams simulate your actual PSI state exam!
Below are a few questions from your upcoming PSI state exam:
- The installation location of an electric signs or outline lighting system equipment shall be at least how many feet above areas accessible to vehicles unless protected from physical damage?
- Correct Answer: NEC – 600.9(A) 14 Feet.
- Flashers controlling a transformer in a sign must have a rating of what percentage of the transformer’s ampere rating?
- Correct Answer: NEC – 600.6(B), not less than twice the current rating of the transformer 200 percent.
- For the installation of electric signs and outline lighting, a commercial occupancy accessible to pedestrians shall be provided with a minimum of 1 outlet at each entrance to each tenant space. The outlet (or outlets) shall be supplied by a branch circuit rated at least how many amperes, and supplies no other loads?
- Correct Answer: NEC – 600.5(A) 20 Amperes.
The Contractors School offers the only Complete 3-in-1 System consisting of:
1) New NEC 2020 Home Study Computer Program with 10 excellent sample exams with 80 questions in each module to simulate your actual PSI state exam!
2) Weekend Seminar or Webinar!
3) Engineering tutoring help!
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- 2020 NEC (NFPA 70 National Electrical Code)
Important Note: Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined, tabbed, and notes are all permitted prior to the exam session.
License Requirements Summary:
- 80 question exam, 4 hour time limit, minimum test score 70%
- State Application Fee = $30.00
- PSI Test Fee = $78.00
- Experience requirement: 4 years on-the-job training under the supervision of a master electrician.
Applications must be submitted to Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation TLDR online or at:
. (512) 463-6599
Examinations are administered by the testing agency PSI Services LLC:
. (833) 333-4741
While most of our students pass their exams in 4-6 weeks, our system is a three month enrollment and allows for unlimited Home Study (computer software subscription), Seminars, and Tutoring for a three (3) month period. Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this new program. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best Home Study Computer Program in Texas!
Click ADD TO CART at the top of this page to begin your studies today!