Texas Master Electrician NEC 2023 exam preparation is our specialty since 1972. School enrollment is complete with Home Study Computer Program, Tutoring, and Live Seminars with real questions, answers, code references, and calculations to prepare you for the actual PSI state licensing exam.
Custom Home Study Computer Program running on your personal PC
Our sample exams simulate your actual PSI state exam!
- What would be the required branch conductor size for the following continuous duty motor (FLA: 124 A, Ambient Temperature: 115 deg F, Terminals: 75 deg C)?
- Step_1: Per 430.24, calculate FLC x 125%, 124 A x 1.25 = 155 A.
- Step_2: Per Table 310.15(B)(1)(1) apply the temperature correction factor for 117 degrees F, calculate 155 A / 0.75 = 206.67 A. Note: This is a very unique question. In order to increase the ampacity requirement of the wire, divide by 0.75 correction factor to increase the ampacity from 155 to 206 A. However, 99.9% of all other derating questions, multiply the correction factor.
- Step_3: Per Table 310.16 slide down 75 deg C column to 230 A, then to the left to size, 4/0 AWG.
- Calculate the generator size required for a load of 100 A, 480 VAC, 3-phase, given an 80% PF?
- Power consumption formula
- (I x E x 1.732 x PF)/1000
- (100 A x 480 V x 1.732 x 0.8)/1000
- Minimum generator, 66.5 kW.
- What would be the output voltage of 20 solar modules rated at 24 VDC that are connected in parallel?
- When you connect solar panels together in parallel, the total voltage output remains the same as it would for a single panel, but the output current becomes the sum of the output of each panel, 24 VDC.
The Contractors School offers the only Complete 3-in-1 System consisting of:
1) New NEC 2023 Home Study Computer Program with 40 excellent sample exams to simulate BOTH of your actual PSI state exam!
- Tests 1-10 have actual questions in each sample exam to prepare you for the Calculations portion of the exam!
- Tests 11-20 have actual questions in each sample exam to prepare you for the NEC Knowledge portion of the exam!
2) Weekend Seminar or Webinar!
3) Engineering tutoring help!
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- NEC 2023 (NFPA 70 National Electrical Code)
Important Note: Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined, tabbed, and notes are all permitted prior to the exam session.
License Requirements Summary:
- Two portion (33 and 75 question) exams, 5 hour time limit, minimum test scores 70%
- State Application Fee = $50
- PSI Test Fee = $78 (for both exams – back to back)
- Experience requirement: 6 years (2 years with a journeyman license).
Applications must be submitted to Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation TLDR online or at:
. (512) 463-6599
Examinations are administered by the testing agency PSI Services LLC:
. (833) 333-4741
While most of our students pass their exams in 4-6 weeks, our system is a three month enrollment and allows for unlimited Home Study (computer software subscription), Seminars, and Tutoring for a three (3) month period. Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this new program. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best Home Study Computer Program in Texas!
Click ADD TO CART at the top of this page to begin your studies today!