Texas Residential Wireman Electrician 2020 NEC exam preparation is our specialty since 1972. School enrollment is complete with Home Study Computer Program, Tutoring, and Live Seminars with real questions, answers, code references, and calculations to prepare you for the actual PSI state licensing exam.
The Contractors School offers the only Complete 3-in-1 System consisting of:
(1) New NEC 2020 Home Study Computer Program with 20 excellent sample exams to simulate your actual PSI state exam !
(2) Weekend Seminar or Webinar !
(3) Engineering tutoring help !
This Home Study Computer Program is a three (3) month subscription / enrollment and allows for unlimited Home Study, Seminars, and Tutoring for a three (3) month period !
Our sample exams simulate your actual PSI state exam!
Questions, answers, and article references that you need to pass the new PSI state examination are contained in this new module. Choose this program if you are serious about passing your state exam with PSI. Go into the test prepared with the best computer study program in Texas!
Below is a small sample of our exam prep questions:
- What would be the calculated minimum size feeder circuit conductors for Multiple Motors on the same feeder given the following conditions? (230 volts, Three-Phase, Motor 1: 10 HP, Motor 2: 2 HP)
- Correct Answer: NEC – 430.6, 430.6(A)(1), Table 430.250, 430.24, Table 310.15(B)(16), Calculate; 28 amperes x 1.25 = 35 A + 6.8 A = 41.8 amperes. 8 AWG.
- What would be the maximum conductor ampacity permitted given the following installation? (Ten conductors, 12 AWG, THHN, 86 degrees F.)
- Step_1: Table 310.15(B)(16) lists 30 amperes.
- Step_2: Table 310.15(B)(3)(a) lists 10-20 Conductors at 50%.
- Step_3: Table 310.15(B)(2)(a) lists a correction factor for 86 deg F, 90 deg C wire at 1.00.
- Step_4: Calculate; 30 amperes x 0.50 x 1.00 = 15 amperes.
- What would be the minimum size electrical box given that four 2″ conduits enter the side of the box, and four 2″ conduits also exit the bottom of the enclosure (assume a 600 V external installation)?
- Correct Answer: NEC – 314.28(A)(2), Simply calculate: 2″ x 6 = 12″ +2″ +2″ +2″ = 18 inches by 18 inches
Since the PSI state test is composed from several code and text books revisions, our exam prep program simulates this testing experience. Question and code references from the current and older code books and calculations are included with this module. This gives our customers the very best chance to study and prepare with the variety of questions that can be asked during their examination.
Screen shot image of our Exam Prep Program running on your home computer
The following reference materials are allowed in the examination center:
- NFPA 70 National Electrical Code, 2020. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), (800) 344-3555. www.nfpa.org
- Reference materials may be highlighted, underlined, tabbed, and notes are all permitted prior to the exam session.
License Requirements Summary:
- 80 question exam, 4 hour time limit, minimum test score 70%
- State Application Fee = $30.00
- PSI Test Fee = $78.00
- Experience requirement: 4 years on-the-job training under the supervision of a master electrician.
Applications must be submitted to Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation TLDR online or at:
P.O. Box 12157
Austin, Texas 78711
Telephone: (512) 463-6599
Toll-Free (in Texas): (800) 803-9202
Relay Texas-TDD: (800) 735-2989
- License candidates must be pre-approved by Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation prior to testing with PSI.
- Applications submitted to TDLR are usually processed in 2-3 weeks, at which time TDLR will mail each license candidate a letter or postcard to indicate approval to take the examination with the testing agency PSI.
Examinations are administered by the testing agency PSI Services LLC:
Telephone: (833) 333-4741
Our interactive Exam Prep Program allows each license candidate to prepare and study for his state examination while in the comfort of his own home. Our practice exams actually simulate the experience of taking the computerized state examination. The questions, multiple choice answers, and article references have been professionally prepared by our research team to cover every subject area, code section, and calculations. Our sample tests questions are scrambled each time you test to simulate your actual state test experience.
This excellent program can be purchased and installed in just minutes, allows unlimited study and review time for a three month period, and runs on any Windows or Mac computer with an operating system. The program will run on your laptop without internet access allowing on-the-go study preparation.
Click ADD TO CART at the top of this page to begin your studies today!